How To Recognize Hormone Imbalance
Hormone problems are more common than you may think. There are many different factors that can cause hormone imbalance, such as
- the menstrual cycle
- poor diet
- conditions like diabetes
Hormone changes occur throughout our lives, with women experiencing the most drastic changes in their 40s and 50s. However, hormone imbalance can affect women at any age, even teenagers. Dr. Faria, who practices natural medicine in Orlando, has helped many with a hormone imbalance and lists the systems that can be associated with it.
Common Symptoms of Hormone Imbalance
There are numerous symptoms that can be the result of a hormone imbalance, however, since other health issues can cause many of these symptoms, it’s best to determine the underlying cause to ensure you get the proper treatment. Below are a few of the most common symptoms that may help you identify a hormone imbalance.
- Cravings: Hormone imbalances frequently cause cravings and excessive eating.
- Fatigue: While being tired now and then is normal for everyone, if you’re constantly suffering from exhaustion, it could be related to lack of a thyroid hormone (or hypothyroidism).
- Low Libido: Low levels of estrogen can result in a low sex drive in women, one of the most noticeable symptoms of a hormone imbalance.
- Mood Swings: Anxiety, irritability, and depression can all signal a hormone imbalance.
- Persistent Weight Gain: Hormone imbalances can slow down your metabolism, making it difficult to maintain a healthy weight, even with a concerted effort.
- Sleep Disorders: Low levels of progesterone can cause restlessness and negatively affect sleep patterns.
If you’re experiencing any of these or other symptoms that you suspect may be related to a hormone imbalance, give natural medicine in Orlando medical center, Cellular Health Institute, a call at (407) 862-2287, or contact us online. We’re always happy to help.